Looking beyond business and financial issues
When engaging in a business transaction, buyers and sellers necessarily have very different points of view. Negotiations focus, for the most part, on business and financial issues. Yet it is important to keep in mind that there is a lot more going on. For sellers, it is a matter of choosing the best option for the future of the company that they have created. For buyers, the issue is successful business integration.
Selling a business: options for small and medium size companies
For the founder, his or her company represents more than economic success. It also represents personal achievement. Selling the business, therefore, is not only an economic but also a very personal matter.
We evaluate and present all potential avenues for the future of the business, taking into account the business, financial and legal considerations at stake, but also helping in the individual decision making process. Once the best course of action is set, we assist in the successful implementation of the transaction.
We support founders of small and medium sized companies in:
- reliably evalutating all options
- presenting and calculating alternative courses of action
- considering the economic, legal, financial and personal implications
- preparing the business for the transaction
- implementing the transaction
Acquiring a business: the challenge beyond the transaction
Together with our clients we develop the most efficient financial, legal, economic and tax framework for business transactions. But this represents only a first step to successful acquisition. Key factor to future growth is the integration of the new products, employees and locations into the existing strucure. Our sustainable concepts for acquisition keep that in mind - right from the start.
We support business acquisitions in:
- reliably evaluating all options
- clearly describing the risks involved
- taking all economic and legal factors into account, as well as potential obstacles to the future integation
- optimising the transaction concerning legal and tax options