Sustainable development of an enterprise
Integration into Business Planning and Management
Sustainable management means: Considering the enterprise from the perspective of the future. What are the long-term consequences of my actions? How can I preserve the substance for the next generation?
If you pursue these strategic questions persistently, you will find challenges going beyond the bounds of your own enterprise: what is our contribution towards achieving a balance between ecological, economic and social aspects – locally, regionally and globally?
Supporting you in shaping your future
What does this mean for my company?
Sustainability involves an entire catalogue of different requirements:
- Requirements of the market, of business partners... who require proof of environmental compatibility and of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Requirements of the legislator in the form of new threshold values and directives on safety at work and environmental protection
- Requirements made of profitability in the form, for example, of increased insurance premiums, changes in consumer behaviour and higher energy costs
- Requirements made of corporate identity: Do we consider ourselves to be an enterprise with sustainable business operations? How do we present this in external relations?
Often the mixture of economic, ecological and social criteria does not permit standard solutions. The right answers have to be tailored to the individual enterprise. Facing the challenges this poses means:
- Adopting a clear-cut approach to the requirements, which can provide guidelines for measures to be introduced.
- Expanding the business operations instruments.
Give a specific meaning to broad ideas
"Lean production", "proactive service" .., in recent years business operative targets have characterized industrial management. Those unable to assess the actual extent of the relevant measures nevertheless understood the main picture.
The situation is different where the term "sustainability" is concerned, which oscillates between cost-effective energy management, corporate sustainability and improvements in efficiency and fair trade - hence there is considerable potential for misunderstandings.
Three important core statements provide clarity:
- Sustainability is not a question of conviction or a problem of the right marketing. Sustainability is a chance for the positive development of an enterprise. This attitude should guide the process and its decisions.
- The abstract term requires a practical wording and hence priorities.
- Sustainable development concerns all areas of work and affects all levels of the enterprise.
Escorting you all the way
Sustainable structures concern all levels of an enterprise. Management and employees have to be won over for the target. This involves not only economic kow-how but also personal commitment.
Sterr-Kölln & Partner accompanies enterprises through all phases of the process, from the identification of targets through workshops for employees, throughout the secure and pragmatic implementation phase.